Welcome to django-textplusstuff’s documentation!¶
A django field that makes it easy to intersperse ‘stuff’ into blocks of text.
Full documentation available at Read the Docs.
A Flexible Interface¶
django-textplusstuff provides a simple interface for returning the contents of your field however you like: as either markdown-flavored text, valid HTML markup (with or without ‘stuff’ interspersed) or even plain text (with all markdown formatting removed).
Keep Track of Your Content¶
django-textplusstuff also keeps track of which model instances are associated within each TextPlusStuffField (via the TextPlusStuffLink model) so you can see where all your textplusstuff-integrated content is used across your django project.
Registering existing models for use in TextPlusStuffFields is as easy as integrating a model into the admin.
Designer/Front-End Developer Friendly¶
Each model registered with
django-textplusstuff can have as many ‘renditions’ as you like which keeps business logic DRY while enabling designers and front-end developers to have control over how content is displayed.
Django REST Framework Compatibility¶
- 3.3.x (NOTE: Django 1.6.x is not compatible with DRF 3.3.x)
- Installation Instructions
- Using textplusstuff
- Django REST Framework Integration
- Improving Performance
- Removed need to call findstuff() to discover stuff modules. Now we use Django’s built in autodiscover_modules function and set everything up in the AppConfig.
- Removed Django 1.6.x compatibility
- Added Python 3.5 support
- Deprecated Python 3.3 support
- Added Django 1.9.x compatibility
- Added a new field (
TextPlusStuffConstructedField) and signal (
update_constructed_fields) that can be leveraged to improve speed/performance.
- Fixed a UnicodeDecodeError bug that arose in Python 2.7.5 when encoding text nodes that had non-ASCII encoded HTML entities.
- Squashed a bug that prevented
TextPlusStuffFieldfrom serializing correctly (when using
- Fixed a Python 2.7.x-related encoding issue in the Stuff registry.
pipinstallation hotfix: including template files in distribution.
- Initial open source release
Roadmap to v1.0¶
- Support Django 1.10 - 2.0
- textplusstuff API POST support (so model instances registered with the stuff_registry can be created directly from a TextPlusStuff field widget)
- Create an example registered model to explain how the rendition/token architecture works.
- Document ‘Constructed Field’ functionality to improve performance.
- Document ‘as_json’ method on a TextPlusStuff instance.